- How to prevent mosquito bites in Knoxville
- How to prevent mosquitoes in your yard
- Do citronella candles keep mosquitoes away?
- How do you keep mosquitoes away naturally?
- What is the most effective mosquito repellent in Knoxville?
- Do mosquito traps really work?
- Are mosquitoes attracted to light?
- What are the best plants to keep mosquitoes away?
To keep yourself and your family safe from mosquito bites, you have to be cautious during their peak seasons, spring and summer. Wear long-sleeved or dark clothing, EPA-approved bug sprays, and more.
To prevent a mosquito outbreak in your yard, you have to remove mosquito attractants from your yard. Most importantly, this means getting rid of standing water. Learn more about preventing mosquitoes here!
Not all home remedies can control mosquitoes, but some natural strategies can work to repel them in smaller numbers. Lemon eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint are all commonly chosen essential oils.
Lots of mosquito control products use either DEET or picaridin. DEET is widely considered to be the best mosquito repellent when used safely.
Most mosquito traps work by attracting mosquitoes. While they aren’t the best solution for a large infestation, traps can help reduce the number of mosquitoes living in your yard.
Mosquito activity is highest at dawn and dusk, during low sunlight. Mosquitoes use light to find their hosts, so they are neither attracted to or repelled by light, unlike some other insects. Learn why here!
Mosquitoes make use of their sense of smell to find hosts. This means that pungent plants can repel mosquitoes. Read here to learn the best plants to have to prevent mosquitoes in Knoxville.
Mosquito Prevention in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971