How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes are attracted to places that they can use as breeding grounds in your backyard. In order to breed, mosquitoes need to find a source of standing water. This means that preventing mosquitoes in your yard goes hand in hand with limiting the number of mosquito breeding sites around your property. This includes:
- Pouring out standing water sources
- Covering spas, birdbaths, and pools
- Installing door and window screen
- Using fans when outsides
- Hiring professional mosquito control
Why Are All These Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
Certain regions and climates are more prone to mosquito problems. If you live somewhere with a humid climate during the summer, you will certainly be dealing with mosquitoes for months. Also, heavily wooded regions experience more mosquito activity. No matter where you live, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if the weather is adequate and there is somewhere to breed.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Mosquito Prevention Methods in Knoxville
Here are some of the best ways to keep mosquitoes away from your yard:
- Eliminate standing water. Get rid of still water in tarps, flowerpots, buckets, and more. Standing water makes for mosquito breeding sites.
- Consider fish or agitators for ponds. Some kinds of fish will eat mosquito larvae. Another solution would be to add an agitator to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs there.
- Use window and door screens. Installing door and window screens can allow you to get fresh air without mosquitoes coming in.
- Keep your yard clean. Regularly cut your lawn and maintain your garden to prevent mosquito hiding places and breeding grounds.
- Install fans outside. Mosquitoes struggle in the wind. Using fans outside can block them from getting near you.
- Conduct regular inspections. Always be on the lookout for potential mosquito breeding grounds. You might consider looking into local options for professional mosquito control.
How Does Professional Treatment Prevent Mosquitoes?
If these mosquito prevention tips do not work to keep mosquitoes out of your yard, you should reach out to your local mosquito exterminators. The technicians at Russell’s Pest Control will work with you to determine the right repellents and exclusion plans for your yard.
How To Prevent Mosquitoes In Your Yard in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971