Anyone that keeps dry food in their home is likely to experience a pantry pest problem. From hordes of hungry pantry beetles to seemingly endless pantry moth infestations, there are plenty of bugs to watch out for in our kitchens in Knoxville. If you think you’ve discovered signs of pantry pests in your home, the pantry pest control team at Russell’s Pest Control can identify what kind of pantry bugs you’re dealing with and remove them from your property for good.
Types of Pantry Pests
Pantry pests are bugs that take a particular liking to dry foods. Here are some of the most common stored product pests in the Knoxville area:
- Cigarette beetle: These beetles are small, light brown insects that love pet foods, nuts, cereals, and spices. You can identify them by their fuzzy body hairs.
- Sawtoothed grain beetle: The saw-toothed grain beetle is similar in color and size to the cigarette beetle, but with more slender and pronounced features than other pantry beetles. They love all dry foods, but are also likely to be found near sweeter things like fruit and candy.
- Indian meal moth: A common pest in Knoxville, these moths are quite difficult to get rid of. They are known to quickly spread throughout your house. Any amount of dried food can warrant a pantry moth infestation.
Need an Estimate for Pantry Pest control?
How to Get Rid of Pantry Bugs
Of course, the best way to keep your home free from pantry pests is to prevent them from showing up in the first place. This means keeping a tidy kitchen and house – here are some ways to stay on top of this:
- Store your dry foods in sealed containers and put your food away right after eating. Pantry pests will be able to quickly detect an accessible food source.
- Clean your kitchen regularly. You should always clean up your messes and spills as soon as they happen, but even more importantly, wipe down your cabinets to make sure that there isn’t an excess of crumbs or residue.
- Wash out your containers thoroughly. You’ll want to make sure that there is no food material on your bags or tupperware that could be attracting hungry insects.
Pantry Pest Control in Knoxville
If you’ve already found pantry bugs in your kitchen, the infestation could be worse than you expect. The right decision is always to have your pantry assessed by a professional pest control company. We employ a variety of pest control strategies to remove pantry bugs from your kitchen and teach you how to avoid future infestations. For more information on our services, contact us today!
Pantry Pest Control – Pantry Moth Extermination in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971