A flea problem can be any homeowner’s worst nightmare. If you have pets that get outdoors, chances are you’ve dealt with fleas before. Getting rid of a flea problem is no easy task, making it important to know how to prevent an infestation in the first place. The flea exterminators at Russell’s Pest Control know how distressing a flea problem can be for you and your family alike. To prevent and remove fleas, it’s crucial to get help from your local experts in flea control.
Signs of Fleas in Knoxville
The key to flea control is preventing or stopping an infestation early on. In order to do so, it’s important to know the signs of a flea infestation:
- Seeing actual fleas. Adults are 1/8″ and red-brown in color. On your pet, they look like dot-like bugs in the hind legs or neck.
- Odd pet behavior. Constant scratching, reddened skin, hair loss, and welts or bumps are all signs of fleas on dogs or cats.
- Flea dirt. Flea feces look similar to coarse black pepper.
- Flea larvae or eggs. Larvae look like minuscule white worms that are about 2-5 mm long with pale hairs covering their bodies.
Need a Flea Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Best Flea Control Methods
To keep your home, family, and pets safe from fleas, it’s important to know how to prevent fleas in the first place. It’s important to know how to check for fleas in your property. In order to stop an infestation in its tracks or prevent fleas, try the following tips:
- Get an appointment with your veterinarian. Flea control products can safeguard your cats and dogs from fleas, which will effectively keep them out of your home!
- Keep nuisance wildlife out of your yard. Raccoons, opossums, deer, cattle, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and skunks can all carry fleas and deposit flea eggs and larvae into your yard.
- Wash bedding frequently. If you suspect a flea may have gotten inside your property, run your pet’s bedding, laundry, sheets, and more through a hot wash.
- Vacuum thoroughly. Vacuum all areas of the home including upholstery. Carefully dispose of vacuum bags.
When to Call an Exterminator for Fleas
Fleas aren’t just a pain to deal with, they can be dangerous, too! Here at Russell’s, we know how difficult it is to get rid of all fleas in your home. But can an exterminator get rid of fleas in your home Our flea removal experts will work with you to ensure all signs of fleas in your property are gone, for good. Contact us today to learn more!
Flea Control – Exterminators – Removal in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971