Here in Knoxville, cockroaches are a very common pest throughout the year. However, both homeowners and business owners deal with cockroach problems more often than ever in the summertime. This is because cockroaches are drawn to the heat and humidity that only summer months can provide. With a rapid rate of reproduction this time of year, roach infestations can grow out of hand. Because this pest is so troublesome, it’s important to know what you can do to keep them away in the summertime. The team at Russell’s Pest Control is here with expert information on cockroach season: summer!
The Dangers of Cockroaches in the Summer
Cockroaches are known to be gross, but they are one of the more dangerous types of pests. Especially in the summer months, cockroach infestations can explode in size. When you have an infestation, roaches can spread germs and filth. Some of the bacteria they carry can lead to a number of transmitted diseases. In addition, certain individuals are known to have allergic reactions due to the presence of roaches. Because they can be a dangerous pest problem in the summer, it’s crucial to know how to keep them away in the first place.
Here’s How to Prevent Cockroach Infestations
A single cockroach can quickly lead to more…and more. To avoid the frustration of a roach infestation this summer, follow these tips to keep them away:
- Inspect the perimeter of your home and seal cracks and crevices. Seal windows and doors or install screens.
- Ensure your kitchens and bathrooms are clean. Promptly wipe or clean up spills and crumbs.
- After feeding your pets, pick up pet bowls and avoid leaving food out overnight
- Keep all food securely sealed in airtight containers, and refrigerate unsealed food.
- Seal all garbage cans with a tight-fitting lid, and routinely take it out when needed.
- Avoid leaving piles of clutter or junk both inside and outside of your property.
- Because cockroaches love moisture, promptly fix any leaky pipes or clogged rain gutters.
Cockroach Control in the Summertime
If you’ve done all you can to prevent cockroaches this summer and still have an infestation on your hands, it’s important to contact a professional for help. DIY cockroach control can be a never ending process that rarely results in complete control of the cockroach colony. The cockroach exterminators at Russell’s can ensure you are roach-free this summer and all year long.
Is Summer the Season of Cockroaches? in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971