How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Knoxville?
Professional termite prevention along with DIY preventative measures are the key to keeping termites from spreading in your Knoxville home or community.
Some of the best methods of preventing termites include: getting rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away. A professional termite exterminator is the best way to stop an active infestation from spreading.
Best Termite Prevention Tips
In addition to getting regular inspections and preventative services from a professional, there a few things you can do to help keep termites away. Try the following to make your Knoxville property less attractive to termites:
- Look for and eliminate any standing water in or near the home. Fix any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Stop a Termite Infestation From Spreading
As soon as you discover termite activity inside or outside your home, it’s important to call a termite exterminator right away. A professional can begin implementing preventative measures after you already have termites may help keep them from spreading, but it won’t reverse what damage has already been done.
Quick, reliable treatment is your best bet at not only removing the current termite colony but also preventing future infestations from starting. Russell’s Pest Control can help keep termites away all year long.
How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Knoxville? in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971