How can I prevent termites naturally?
All-natural termite treatment or prevention does not control an active infestation in your home. However, they may help protect your home or yard from termites in the first place.
Many people are wary of pest control treatments that, to them, appear to be dangerous. All-natural termite prevention can help put your mind at ease. A few of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid.
6 Ways to Prevent Termites Naturally in Knoxville
If you have an active termite problem, you will need professional treatment to get rid of them. However, there are several all-natural methods that may help prevent or repel termites from your home or business. The most common natural termite solutions include:
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Does All-Natural Termite Treatment Work?
Using natural methods to prevent termites can occasionally work. However, these methods will not work to get rid of an active infestation in your home or business. Termite infestations can be massive, and DIY control is typically not an option. To get rid of termites, it’s important to heed the advice of a professional termite exterminator that has access to the industry’s best treatment options or methods.
Can a Termite Exterminator Prevent Termites?
Whether all-natural methods work to prevent termites or not, your safest bet to keep termites away is by working with a professional pest control company. To avoid the burden of preventing termites on your own, contact the experts at Russell’s Pest Control.
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally? in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971