What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
- Swarmer termites (which look like flying ants)
- Piles of shed wings
- Mud tubes around the foundation of homes
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged or hollowed-out wood
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
How to Look for Signs of Termites In Your Home
Unless you see swarming termites, it’s very rare to notice actual termites. For that reason, it’s best to keep your eyes peeled for signs of termite activity and the damage they may cause in your home or business.
- Signs of termite activity. Similar to other pests, termites will leave behind signs of their presence with their droppings (also known as frass). Termite feces look like tiny pellets. Also keep an eye out for termite wings that are often shed in piles, as well as swarming termites in the spring or summer months.
- Signs of structural damage. Small holes in the wall, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. If you knock on any wood to be infested and hear a hollow noise in return, termites may be the cause.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Additional Signs of Termites Knoxville
Termites are one of the most difficult pests to detect without the help of a professional. As soon as you notice the signs of termites, it’s crucial to contact your local termite exterminators. Even without seeing the signs, regular inspections from an expert can help detect early signs of a termite infestation in your Knoxville TN home or business.
What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation? in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971