Rodent infestations are one of the most feared pest problems. Not only are unwelcomed rats and mice a gross sight to behold in your property, they also can be dangerous and destructive! The top signs you have a rodent infestation include foul odors, droppings, gnaw marks, and unexplained noises.
As soon as you become aware of any of the below mice infestation signs in your Knoxville area property, it’s time to call the rodent exterminators at Russell’s Pest Control.
Signs of Rodent Infestations in Knoxville
Rats and mice aren’t exactly subtle creatures, which is why it’s easy to locate the signs of a rodent infestation if you’re dealing with one. The seven most common signs of rats or mice in your property include:
- Droppings: Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the most telling rodent infestation sign!
- Odors: A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Unexplained noises: If you notice chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls, it’s probably due to mice or rats.
- Gnaw marks: If you check your food pantry and notice packages with little holes or gnaw marks, it is indicative that rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Nesting materials: Chewed up, the shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Burrows or tunnels: Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Runways or tracks: Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor, so spread out some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to see if you notice paw prints.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
What to Do When You See Signs of Mice Infestations
Noticing any of the above mice infestation signs can be distressing, which is why it’s important to call a professional rat and mouse exterminator as soon as possible. Mice in particular are infamous for breeding at a rapid rate, giving them the capability of quickly spreading. Because of the reproduction rate and the destruction they cause, it’s absolutely essential to get help as soon as you notice the signs of a rodent infestation.
Professional Help with Rat Infestations
If you suspect rodent activity in your home or business, it’s time to call a professional rodent exterminator. At Russell’s Pest Control, we know how to thoroughly inspect your property to locate rats or mice, as well as determine what may be the sources of the infestation. Call our team today to learn more!Back to Rodents Exterminators – Mice & Rodent Control
Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971