The last thing any property owner wants to see in their home or business is a cockroach. Roach infestations aren’t just gross to look at—these critters carry bacteria and contaminate any surface they walk across. Besides seeing a cockroach itself, the top signs of a cockroach infestation are foul odors, droppings, and egg cases or skins.
Seeing just one roach inside your property is often a bad sign you are dealing with an infestation. For this reason, it’s time to call the cockroach exterminators at Russell’s Pest Control as soon as you spot any of the below signs of cockroaches.
3 Signs of Cockroaches in Knoxville
When it comes to figuring out whether or not you have a cockroach infestation, there are three main signs to look for:
- A foul odor. Some roach species are known to emit a musty, unpleasant odor that lingers and gets more pungent with more roaches.
- Egg cases or skins. Ootheca are brown casings that house up to 50 eggs and can be found before or after the eggs hatch in serious infestations. Roach skins are often seen where cockroaches are taking up shelter.
- Droppings. Resembling anything from tiny pepper specks to miniature pellets, a large amount of feces is a clear indicator of a cockroach infestation.
Need an Estimate for Cockroach control?
Other Roach Infestation Signs
Cockroaches are unique pests that will stay hidden at all costs. Some additional things to know about cockroach infestations include:
- Roaches are nocturnal insects, which is why they scatter off toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments and avoid daylight.
- Cockroaches aren’t picky and can survive on a versatile diet. They will eat garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials.
- Roaches prefer to dwell in small, dark areas of a property. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, behind appliances, and even within cracks in the floor.
What to Do When You See Signs of Cockroaches
If you’ve seen a cockroach or any roach infestation signs in your home or business, it’s best to call a cockroach exterminator. At Russell’s Pest Control, our roach removal team will conduct a thorough inspection of your property to determine where the roaches are and what may be the source of the cockroach infestation. Call us today to learn more about our cockroach control!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971