Serving Knoxville | Lenoir City | Chattanooga | Loudon
The thought of having bed bugs can send a shiver down anyone’s spine. To avoid the frustration of dealing with a bed bug infestation, it’s important to learn how to protect your property and family from them year-round. Even the cleanest homes or commercial buildings can be susceptible to bed bugs. Thankfully, there are several ways you can successfully keep bed bugs out.
Keep reading for Russell’s Pest Control’s top bed bug prevention tips.
Keeping bed bugs out in 6 steps
In addition to keeping a clean home, there are several bed bugs solutions to lessen the risk of getting an infestation:
- Recognize signs of bed bugs: These insects leave behind dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale-yellow shell casings and their white, sticky eggs. Bed bug bites are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Be cautious of used items: Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Cover power outlets: As weird as it seems, power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and bed bugs looking for a place to reside.
- Cover your mattress: By covering your mattress with a protector that can prevent tears or holes, you can block out bed bugs.
- Exercise caution while traveling: Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Need a bed bug control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Long-term bed bug prevention
It can be extremely frustrating to find out you have a bed bug infestation, and you likely want to know how the problem started in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs spread much more easily than you think. As soon as you think you see the signs of an infestation, call your local bed bug exterminators for an inspection. By always being on the lookout for the signs, you can prevent a bed bug infestation!
Our bed bugs solution
If you’ve taken every measure to safeguard your home against bed bugs but have still noticed the signs, it’s time to call a professional bed bug exterminator. Bed bugs are excellent hiders and can spread easily, but Russell’s Pest Control can stop the infestation from getting worse and ensure you don’t deal with them again. For more information on our bed bug prevention and control services, call us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971