The thought of having bed bugs can send a shiver down anyone’s spine. To avoid the frustration of dealing with a bed bug infestation, it’s important to learn how to protect your property and family from them year-round. Even the cleanest homes or commercial buildings can be susceptible to bed bugs. Thankfully, there are several ways to go about keeping bed bugs away.
Keep reading for Russell’s Pest Control’s top tips on keeping bed bugs out of your home.
6 Steps to Keeping Bed Bugs Out
Bed bug infestations are rather random. There’s often no rhyme or reason as to why someone gets an infestation. The best defense against bed bugs is to stay aware of what may bring them into your home in the first place. Some of the best ways of keeping bed bugs away include:
- Recognizing the signs of bed bugs: These insects leave behind dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale-yellow shell casings and their white, sticky eggs. Bed bug bites are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Being cautious of used items: Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Covering power outlets: As weird as it seems, power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Using vacuum-sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and bed bugs looking for a place to reside.
- Covering your mattress: By covering your mattress with a protector that can prevent tears or holes, you can block out bed bugs.
- Exercising caution while traveling: Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Need an Estimate for Bed Bug control?
Keeping Bed Bugs Away for Good
It can be extremely frustrating to find out you have a bed bug infestation, and you likely want to know how the problem started in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs spread much more easily than you think. As soon as you think you see the signs of an infestation, call your local exterminators for the best bed bugs solutions to stop an infestation in its tracks. By always being on the lookout for the signs, you can be successful in keeping bed bugs away.
Our Bed Bug Solution for Knoxville TN Properties
If you’ve taken every measure to safeguard your home against bed bugs but have still noticed the signs, it’s time to call a professional bed bug exterminator. Bed bugs are excellent hiders, but our experts can stop the infestation from getting worse and ensure you don’t deal with them again. For more information on our bed bug prevention and control services, call us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971