Ants are a dreaded household pest. Infestations can seem never-ending and difficult to control without the help of a professional ant exterminator. Unfortunately, ants are the most common nuisance pest in the nation, making it important to learn how to prevent them in the first place. To keep ants away, it’s recommended to keep a clean home and address any moisture issues promptly.
Keep reading for Russell’s Pest Control’s top ant prevention tips for your Knoxville home or business.
3 Best Ant Prevention Tips
To avoid the frustration of an ant infestation, be proactive about protecting your property against them. Our top three ant prevention tips are as follows:
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Fix leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit their access to food.
- Keep the kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Seal their entry points into your property.
- Routinely inspect your property for cracks or other entry points, and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, or install screens to help keep pests out.
Need an Estimate for Ant control?
Natural Ant Problem Prevention
For long-lasting ant control, all-natural or DIY methods will simply not stand. However, some methods have proven to be helpful for preventing ants. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help keep ants away. It’s important to note that even if these all-natural ant prevention tips work to prevent ants, they will not work to treat an active infestation.
How to Keep Ants Out Long-Term
If you’ve done all you can to keep ants away and are still experiencing issues, it’s time to call the professional ant exterminators at Russell’s Pest Control. We have the years of experience needed to know precisely how to keep ants out of your home or business. For more information on ant problem prevention, give our ant exterminators a call today!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971