Moisture is one of the biggest contributing factors to pests getting inside your home. Up to 50% of the air in your household can flow upwards from a crawl space, which is why it’s so important to keep this space free from moisture problems with professional crawl space encapsulation services. While there are many methods to keep moisture out of your crawl space, crawl space encapsulation is regarded as one of the most effective methods.
Russell’s Pest Control is proud to provide crawl space encapsulation installation services to keep our clients safe from pest problems that stem from moisture issues.
When to get a crawl space encapsulation
Part of the reason moisture can become such a big problem is that it can build up from many sources if the homeowner is unaware. Some of the most common ways many homes are exposed to moisture include:
- Leaks in plumbing, flashing, or roofing
- Water from cooking, showering, washing dishes or clothes
- Broken or dysfunctional gutters, downspouts, or drains
- Flooding or sewer backup
- Damp basements, attics, and crawl spaces
If you’re noticing moisture problems, it’s time to contact a crawl space encapsulation professional who can install better ventilation in your property.
Need a Crawl Space Encapsulation estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Benefits of crawl space encapsulation
Excess moisture in homes is extremely attractive to a number of pests who thrive on humid, moist environments to live and reproduce. Some further benefits of crawl space encapsulation include:
- Improved air quality throughout the entire home, making for a more comfortable living environment
- Reduced risk of fungi or mold problems that contribute to structural damage
- Improved energy efficiency in the property
- Creation of an inhospitable environment for pests, specifically wood-destroying insects such as termites
Moisture attracts pests and can contribute to serious infestations if not controlled. If you think your home suffers from humid conditions, it’s time to consider your options before you have a pest problem. For more information on our ventilation systems and crawl space encapsulation, call us today!Back to Residential Pest Control
Crawl Space Encapsulation in Knoxville TN
Serving East Tennessee since 1971